ECSI Information and Communications
You will receive numerous pieces of correspondence from ECSI » and/or this office. Here is a list of the various types of correspondence that you may receive:
- A letter and/or e-mail from Financial Aid notifying you that your promissory note and Initial Interview Questionnaire are available at ECSI » and must be completed online.
- An annual statement indicating your current status, outstanding balance, amount of interest paid for the current year, and the amount of principal, interest, and late charges paid over the life of the loan. This is not a bill. All borrowers will receive this statement.
- A letter and/or e-mail from ECSI notifying you that your online Exit Interview is available at ECSI ». It is Mandatory that you fill out the Exit Interview online. A hold is placed on your student records once the Exit Interview becomes available and is removed upon completion of the online Interview.
- Several reminders that your grace period, deferment, or postponement is about to expire.
- A reminder of the date and amount of your first payment indicating it will soon be time to choose your method of payment from the available options.
- Notices when your payments are 15, 30, or 45 days past due.
- A final demand letter if your payment is 60 days past due.
- A letter indicating that your loan has been accelerated and payment in full is due or the loan will be sent to a collection agency.
- A letter indicating to which outside collection agency your loan has been assigned
- A deferment, cancellation, or forbearance approval notification.
- Your original promissory note stamped paid in full once the final payment has been processed.
Never ignore correspondence.
If you receive something that indicates you are about to enter repayment and you should be deferred, contact ECSI » or us immediately. It is your responsibility to make sure that any paperwork you asked to have sent to us by another school or by your employer actually makes it here. Never assume that it has been sent and received without confirmation from ECSI ».