Student Financials Responsibility Statement

Students must agree to this each semester in order to be able to enroll for courses.   Failure to agree will require you to enroll in person in room 121 Strong Hall.

Agreement of Student Financial Responsibility

My Responsibility

I understand and agree that I have personal financial responsibility for the payment of all tuition, fees, and other University of Kansas (“KU” or “University”) charges on my student account relating to my enrollment and/or attendance at KU. I understand that, regardless of any expected reliance on any third-party resources, including but not limited to financial aid, family resources, employer reimbursement, government assistance or any other external resources, I remain personally and solely responsible for paying any and all outstanding balances.

Student Age

I understand and agree that if I am younger than the applicable age of majority when I execute this agreement that the educational services provided by The University of Kansas are a necessity, and I am contractually obligated pursuant to the “doctrine of necessaries.”


After I enroll, I understand that tuition and fee charges will be applied to my student account.  On or about the 21st of each month, I will be sent an e-bill notification to my University e-mail address.  If I do not receive an e-mail notification, I agree that I am still responsible for the required payment and it is my responsibility to log into "Enroll  & Pay" to view and pay any and all charges by the due date.  The current published tuition and fees schedules are available at .  Tuition and fees charges are subject to change every term.

Third-Party Sponsors or Financial Aid

If I expect third party sponsors or financial aid to pay all or part of my financial obligation to the University, I understand that it is my responsibility to meet all requirements of grantors, lenders, employers, and other third parties on a timely basis to ensure disbursement of financial aid or sponsorships to my student account. I understand that if my financial aid or sponsorship is reduced or canceled for any reason, I remain responsible for any outstanding balance and for reimbursing the University any amounts that I am not eligible to receive.  I also agree that KU may discuss my account with any third party sponsors.

Payment Due Date

Payment for all outstanding charges is due the 15th of every month.

Late Fees

I understand KU will assess a $100 late payment fee for the first and second month of the Fall and Spring terms ($50 for Summer term) for any unpaid tuition and fee balances and thereafter a 1.5% monthly assessment if I fail to pay in full by the due date.

Tuition Adjustment:

I understand dropping hours or totally withdrawing from KU may result in charges owed to KU based on the dates of the drop or withdrawal.  Information on dropping or withdrawing can be found online at . I understand if I withdraw from a term or drop classes after the term begins, I will be responsible for all or a percentage of the tuition charged. The adjustments of tuition will be made in accordance with KU's academic calendar .

Placement of Financial Holds

I understand KU will place a Financial Hold on my student record if I fail to pay all charges assessed to my student account by the due date. I also understand this Financial Hold will prevent the release of my academic transcripts and diploma and will prevent me from enrolling in future terms.

Billing Disputes

I understand that if I believe a charge on my bill is incorrect, it is my responsibility to contact the department or office that has assessed the charge.

Collection Activity on Past Due Accounts

I understand that if my account becomes delinquent, KU reserves the right to pursue litigation against me, to transfer my delinquent account to a collection agency/Kansas State Setoff and/or report any delinquency to credit bureau(s). In addition to my outstanding balance, I agree to pay the University’s costs and fees, including attorneys’ fees and the fees of collection agencies, incurred in any litigation or collection activity resulting from my failure to pay.


I understand and agree educational and related fees that are charged to my student account may not be dischargeable in bankruptcy and may remain due after the bankruptcy is discharged, pursuant to United States Bankruptcy Code, Section 523(a)(8).

Electronic Business and Communication

I authorize KU and its agents, representatives, attorneys, and contractors (including collection agencies) to contact me at the current or any future mobile phone number, home phone number and email address I provide to KU, including by way of automated telephone dialing equipment, or artificial or prerecorded voice or text messages, for purposes of University business, including collecting any portion of my student financial obligation which is due or past due.

KU Policy

I acknowledge and agree that this Agreement does not alter my obligations under the policies of the University of Kansas, which are set forth at, and that this Agreement should be read in concert with such policies.

Contact Information

KU Student Account Services
1450 Jayhawk Blvd., #23
Lawrence, KS 66045

What would you like to do?

How do I view my bill?

The University of Kansas does not mail paper invoices; instead you’ll be notified by email that a new eBill has been generated.  To obtain your eBill, login to Enroll & Pay then select:  Campus Finances >  View/Print Bill.

What are my payment options?

  • PAY ONLINE through Enroll & Pay with eCheck or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)
  • Mail in a personal check, bank draft or money order to the above address.
  • Pay in person with check or money order to our Cashiers in #23 Strong Hall

How do I sign up for direct deposit?

Sign up through Enroll & Pay at:  Campus Finances > Direct Deposit for Refunds;  OR fill out a Direct Deposit Authorization Form (pdf) and bring it to Student Account Services.

What if I want to appeal a late fee?

Go to the KU Registrar’s home page and complete an online Fee Petition under the “Tuition & Fees” link

How do I access my 1098-T tax form?

In Enroll & Pay go to: Campus Finances, then “View 1098-T”.  The first time you retrieve a 1098-T electronically, you (or your student) need to read the 1098-T consent agreement, then click the green “submit” button.

To Do Checklist
  • Sign up for Direct Deposit. This is required. Not signing up for direct deposit will cause your refund to be delayed.
  • Set up parents, guardians, or significant others as delegates. Delegates will have access to designated information in your account. Setting up delegates allows KU to discuss your account with designated individuals. 
  • Set up payment delegates in TouchNet. This will allow delegates to make payments on your student account.
  • Provide your Social Security number to the Registrar's office for 1098-T reporting. Failure to do so may result in a fee assessed to you by the IRS.
  • Keep your contact information updated in Enroll & Pay. This can be done in the Student Center in the Personal Information section.
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
23rd nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets," Military Times
KU Today